Thursday, March 20, 2014

"Catch Me Falling" Advances in ABNA 2014

Another year, another Amazon Breakthrough Novel Award entry, this time with Catch Me Falling. The novel made the first cut and is on to the second round. This marks the third year in a row that I managed to get a novel through the pitch stage, but the previous entries did not advance to the quarterfinals. The quarterfinal round judging considers only the first 5000 words (15 - 20 pages). To make the next cut, the story must be attention-grabbing and very well written - particularly as compared to many other well-written entries. This year's submission is my best work in terms of tone, so I'm hoping that might be enough to move it along. Fingers crossed!

1 comment:

  1. Hello David,

    I'm a fellow indie author and I was wanting to talk to you about joining a book bundle about "Women of the Apocalypse". If you're interested, send me an email at thomaskcarpenter@gmail.com and I can fill you in with more details.

    Regards,
    --Tom

    ReplyDelete